Illustration Tutorials

Drawing books and tutorial sites are a dime a dozen, and I've always had a problem sitting down and actually working my way through them. I've found a few sites that I've found my self going back to again and again.

Illustration Class by Von. R. Glitschka


I've been following Glitschka's site for a while now and I can guarantee that every tutorial is top notch.  He works from his illustration comissions, and walks you through step by step starting from his inital thought process to working up a draft to the fine finish work that makes the difference between amature work and a real professional product.  You'd be well served to download a few that intest you and walk through his creative process.


DaniDraws by Dani Jones


Dani site is a more of a traditional blog with wide-ranging posts with toriials or videos about making a portfolio, to picking colors in Photoshop, to the process of making a children's book.  Every post may not intrest me, or you, but two out of three posts are exactly what I'm looking for.


Penciljack and The Drawing Board
I'm not a huge forums guy, but both of these sites are quality, with pros and amatures posting their work and exchanging an amazing number of tips for tranditional and computer asisted illustration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment